Is it possible to sue a county, city, or other government?

In short, yes. To sue a government body, you must first file a “Notice of Claim,” and the timeline for doing so is generally shorter than suing a private entity. This is why it is extremely important to contact Catalano Law for a free consultation as soon as possible if you suffered an injury at the hands of a government entity. Common scenarios for this situation would be poorly maintained sidewalks in front of a county building, or a police car running a red light and hitting your vehicle.

< Back to Blog